Signs, Displays & Décor
Inkjet has long been the chosen technology for printing signs and displays using wide format printers running UV curable, solvent-based or aqueous inks. The same industrial inkjet technology has been adopted in décor applications such as wall coverings and furniture laminates and these applications increasingly demand wide, fast single-pass systems.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions for both wide format scanning and high-speed, single-pass systems. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Wide Format
- With inkjet, short production runs become economically feasible due to lower set-up requirements and print-on-demand capability allows for reduced stock of finished goods. For décor printers, the ability to maintain a large portfolio of designs without having to hold physical stock of screens or rollers is an additional advantage.
- Inkjet technology offers attractive design benefits for signs, displays & décor including the ability to print on a wide variety of substrates such as vinyl, paper and polyester. Designs can be created, tested, altered and introduced quickly.
- Meteor’s ability to support large numbers of printheads, ultra-high data rates, large image buffers and long cable lengths means that high speed single-pass systems as well as scanning machines with very large carriages can be deployed with no limitation on throughput.
- Wide format printers often require UV lamps, elaborate ink systems and precise motion control. Meteor products fully implement the functions required of such systems.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
Software for Scanning or Single Pass
Meteor has a range of software solutions from ready-to-use Digital Front Ends to Software Development Kits for scanning and single-pass implementations enabling developers to design bespoke systems from the ground up.
Meteor offers products to drive all leading industrial inkjet printheads used in printers for signs, displays and décor including FUJIFILM Dimatix GMA 99, Epson S3200, Kyocera KJ4A-0300, Seiko Instruments 1024GS, Toshiba TEC CF3, Ricoh MH2420, Konica Minolta M600SH-2C, Xaar 2001+ and more.