Signs, Displays & Decor
Inkjet has long been the chosen technology for printing signs and displays using wide format printers running UV curable, solvent-based or aqueous inks. The same industrial inkjet technology has been adopted in décor applications such as wall coverings and furniture laminates and these applications increasingly demand wide, fast single-pass systems.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions for both wide format scanning and high-speed, single-pass systems. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Wide Format
- With inkjet, short production runs become economically feasible due to lower set-up requirements and print-on-demand capability allows for reduced stock of finished goods. For décor printers, the ability to maintain a large portfolio of designs without having to hold physical stock of screens or rollers is an additional advantage.
- Inkjet technology offers attractive design benefits for signs, displays & décor including the ability to print on a wide variety of substrates such as vinyl, paper and polyester. Designs can be created, tested, altered and introduced quickly.
- Meteor’s ability to support large numbers of printheads, ultra-high data rates, large image buffers and long cable lengths means that high speed single-pass systems as well as scanning machines with very large carriages can be deployed with no limitation on throughput.
- Wide format printers often require UV lamps, elaborate ink systems and precise motion control. Meteor products fully implement the functions required of such systems.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
Software for Scanning or Single Pass
Meteor has a range of software solutions from ready-to-use Digital Front Ends to Software Development Kits for scanning and single-pass implementations enabling developers to design bespoke systems from the ground up.