Industrial inkjet is increasingly being used to digitally decorate products as an in-line step in the manufacturing process. This generally requires high speed, precision printing of fixed or variable data onto a range of substrates including plastics and glass. In many cases, inkjet’s ability to print on non-flat surfaces without making contact is a distinct advantage as well as a technical challenge.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions for direct-to-shape printers. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Decoration Printers
- Digital printing of products can offer significant cost advantages over analogue screen printing. Short production runs become economically feasible due to lower set-up requirements and print-on-demand capability allows for reduced stock of finished goods.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
- Meteor’s ability to support ultra-high data rates, large image buffers and long cable lengths means that systems with large carriages or complex printhead configurations can be deployed without limitation.
- The non-contact nature of inkjet technology facilitates printing onto irregular shapes not suitable for labels or conventional contact printing methods.
- Product decoration printers often require UV lamps, recirculating ink systems and complex motion control. Meteor products fully implement the control functions required of such systems.
Meteor has a range of software solutions from ready-to-use Digital Front Ends to Software Development Kits for scanning and single-pass implementations enabling developers to design bespoke systems from the ground up.