There is strong market pull for digitally printed packaging from brand owners keen to reap benefits such as mass customisation, and cost-effective short production runs. Inkjet systems are making inroads in the printing of corrugate, flexible film and even metal cans with the quality, throughput and durability demanded by the packaging industry.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions to inkjet packaging print system builders. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Packaging Printers
- Industrial inkjet printing enables brands to innovate. Packaging can be customised, personalised, serialised, made eco-friendly, and even interactive. Design features such as texture can be encorporated in-line. Designs can be created, tested, altered and introduced quickly.
- Digitally printed packaging offers supply chain advantages over conventional printing including dramatically reduced set-up leading to cost-effective shorter production runs, faster order turnaround, ease of colour matching on repeat orders and lower stock of finished products and reduction of obsolete inventory due to the ability to print on demand.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
- Meteor’s ability to support large numbers of printheads, ultra-high data rates and large image buffers means that high speed single-pass systems can be deployed with no limitation on throughput.
- Packaging printers often require complex ink systems, UV lamps and other components. Meteor products fully implement the control functions required of such systems.
Meteor has a range of software solutions from ready-to-use Digital Front Ends to Software Development Kits for scanning and single-pass implementations enabling developers to design bespoke systems from the ground up.