Demand for short production runs and variable data is driving the uptake of digitally printed labels. From stand-alone, high-speed, narrow-web inkjet presses to hybrid inkjet systems that are mounted to existing flexo lines for variable data imprinting, industrial inkjet now offers the quality, durability and throughput required by this marketplace.
Meteor is a leading independent supplier of printhead driving solutions to label printer OEMs. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
- Reliable, robust products to drive industrial inkjet printheads
- Comprehensive software options
- Lowest risk path to speedy print system launch
- Scalable, customisable solutions for systems of any size or complexity
- World-wide support from development to mass production
- Unrivalled industrial inkjet experience and expertise
Benefits for Label Presses
- Industrial inkjet label presses offer supply chain advantages over conventional printing including dramatically reduced set-up leading to cost-effective shorter production runs, faster order turnaround, opportunity for late stage design, on-the-fly changeover to different labels, ease of colour matching on repeat orders, lower stock of finished products and reduction of obsolete inventory due to the ability to print on demand.
- Meteor’s ability to support printhead arrays of any size, ultra-high data rates, large image buffers and long cable lengths means that high speed single-pass systems can be deployed with no limitation on throughput.
- Inkjet technology offers attractive design and manufacturing benefits including the ability to print on a wide variety of substrates such as vinyl, paper and polyester. UV inkjet labels are extremely robust and in many cases, the conventional process of over-varnishing can be eliminated. Additionally, variable data can be integrated with static elements at high speed facilitating mass customisation using a single print technology.
- Meteor drive electronics and software are capable of producing complex, multi-pulse waveforms to control printhead drop ejection volume, velocity and timing allowing print system builders to optimise ink/printhead combinations and to get the best from their chosen printhead.
- High speed label printers often require UV lamps, elaborate ink systems and precision encoders. Meteor products fully implement the functions required of such systems.
Software for Label Presses
Meteor offers MetPrint front end software developed specifically for high-speed, single-pass printers with an easy-to-use interface for maximum productivity. Alternatively, a bespoke front end can be designed using Meteor’s Print Engine Software Development Kit.