Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for its industrial inkjet electronics and software business. The company is looking for an enthusiastic and capable individual with a good understanding of digital systems and a desire to develop complex FPGA design.
Reporting to Meteor’s Vice President of Engineering, the role will include:
- FPGA code development to meet customer and in-house requirements
- FPGA simulation and testing
- Participation in group design activities
- Integrating, supporting, and testing their FPGA code with Meteor hardware in real-world applications
Our company is formed of a lively group of people who enjoy working together. We regularly organise optional social events, which in the past year they have included go-karting, (multiple) pub outings and a trip to the beach. We encourage and support employees to attend training courses to benefit their professional development, and work hard to develop engineers at every level of their career. We have active working groups working on charity fundraising and on sustainability in all aspects of Meteor’s activities. Finally, the company rewards its employees with a profit-sharing bonus – up to 10% of annual pay.
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters in Harston, within cycling distance from Cambridge. Travel is not a significant part of this job, although the role could involve occasional international travel to establish requirements or to assist customers in deploying Meteor software. The role is office based with occasional home working.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate should have:
- Experience developing FPGA code in VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Demonstrable experience of implementing, testing, and releasing an FPGA design
- A degree level qualification in electronic engineering, or a related discipline
- A good understanding of the application of electronics principles and circuit design
- Ability to use test equipment, hardware, and software required to test their FPGA code on real hardwareThe following are also welcome, but not essential:
- Experience of VHDL or SystemVerilog verification methodologies (e.g. OSVVM, UVM, UVVM)
- Experience with scripting using Python/Tcl
- Firmware development (for example writing embedded C application)
About the company
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent developer of electronics, software, laboratory equipment and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles, 3D printing and product decoration. Meteor products depend on field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), to perform image processing and control functions required for high-performance industrial inkjet applications.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus.