Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking a Field Applications Engineer for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles, 3D printing and product decoration.
Meteor products typically comprise field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs); digital and analogue electronics; and software. As a part of a world-wide customer support team, the Field Applications Engineer will work directly with customers to:
- Answer questions, resolve issues and manage support cases to closure
- Replicate problems in the lab, identify probable causes, and/or collect technical information for the engineering team
- Arrange and attend customer site visits to assist in the configuration and use of Meteor products
- Gather customer feedback, requirements and feature requests and work with the engineering team to investigate and respond
- Create and review content for Meteor’s Knowledge Base and manage the Meteor customer FTP site
- Build strong customer relationships and act as an ambassador for Meteor
The successful candidate will be a part of a lively team of people who enjoy working and socialising together. Meteor offers a stimulating environment where ongoing professional development is both encouraged and supported. With an unwavering commitment to the environment and to the community, Meteor hosts active sustainability and charitable groups. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, international environment made up of colleagues with can-do attitudes.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus.
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters in Harston, near Cambridge. To engage with customers, international travel is required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must:
- Hold a degree in a STEM discipline
- Have a proactive, confident approach to problem solving
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and practical
- Have excellent customer-facing skills including a demonstrable ability to work sensitively in a variety of cultural environments
- Understand and have experience with safe working practices around electrical systems and complex industrial equipment
- Possess strong English language written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience using electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, etc)
- Have a strong understanding of electronic principles including the interpretation of schematics and device datasheets
- Be eligible to obtain a multi-entry visa to PRC and other relevant countries and have international business travel experience
The candidate should ideally also:
- Have experience with inkjet printing systems
- Speak an additional language such as Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese or Korean
- Have the right to live and work in the UK (Meteor will consider visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates)