Applications Engineer – Inkjet Electronics and Software
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking an Applications Engineer to diagnose and resolve software or electronics issues of inkjet printing systems.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles and product decoration. The Applications Engineer will be responsible for the resolution of customer issues, both in the lab and onsite world-wide. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, international environment made up of colleagues with can-do attitudes.
The role will include:
- Problem-solving related to rationalising complex interactive system components.
- Understanding of high-performance architecture including field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), digital and analog electronics and software.
- Understanding of inkjet printing systems, including debugging of electronics and software.
- Taking a competent approach to dealing with customers in different cultures and languages.
- Occasionally visiting customers sites to assist with the configuration and use of Meteor products.
- Responding to support requests by telephone and email.
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters in Harston, near Cambridge. World-wide travel is required.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must be:
- Degree-qualified in physics or an engineering discipline. In lieu of this, industrial experience may be acceptable.
- Experienced in safe working practices around 3rd party electrical systems and complex industrial equipment.
- Able to use electronics test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, etc) and to understand electrical circuit diagrams.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and confident at problem solving with good customer-facing skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and practical.
- Able to live and work in England. Candidates with Right to Work in the UK are desired. Visa sponsorship will be considered for candidates with exceptional skills and experience.
The candidate should ideally also have:
- Experience with ink-jet printing systems.
- Experience with digital electronics.
- Language skills such as Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian.
- International business experience including independent travel and working with people of different nationalities.
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus. To apply, please send a cover letter (required) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org