With strong pull for digitally printed packaging from brand owners keen to reap benefits such as mass customisation and short production runs, inkjet systems are making inroads in the printing of corrugate and flexible film, meeting demanding quality, throughput and durability requirements.
Meteor is a leading supplier of electronics, software, tools and services to builders of inkjet printing systems for packaging. Providing products with a host of features backed by responsive, world-wide technical support, Meteor is the first choice for ease of integration and unsurpassed system performance.
Benefits for Packaging Printers
- Industrial inkjet printing enables innovation. Packaging can be customised, personalised, serialised, made eco-friendly and even interactive. Design features can be created, tested, altered and introduced quickly.
- Digital printing offers supply chain advantages over conventional printing including reduced set-up time, cost-effective short production runs, fast order turnaround, ease of colour matching and lower stockholding of finished goods.
- Inkjet technology accommodates a wide variety of substrates including paper, vinyl and polyester. UV-cured inkjet is extremely robust and conventional varnishing processes can often be eliminated.
- Variable data can be integrated with static image elements at high-speed, facilitating mass customisation.
- Meteor offers a comprehensive suite of software including turnkey, configurable digital front ends; software development kits to build printers from the ground up; complete workflow solutions integrating the world’s fastest Harlequin® RIP; and advanced screening, print quality, printer calibration and colour management tools.
- Meteor’s ability to support large numbers of printheads, ultra-high data rates and large image buffers means that high speed single-pass systems can be deployed with no limitation on throughput.
- Packaging printers often require complex ink systems, UV lamps and other components. Meteor products fully implement the control functions required of such systems.