Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking a Technical Apprentice for its world‐wide industrial inkjet electronics and software
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles and product decoration.
Reporting to Meteor’s Development Team Leader, the Technical Apprentice will assist the Development Team to deliver prototype and test systems as part of Meteor’s continuous product development programme. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, international environment made up of colleagues with can-do attitudes.
The role will provide an opportunity to experience different technical disciplines and so is ideal for a candidate who is highly self-motivated and eager to learn and develop their skills.
- PCB assembly, modification, and testing
- Mechanical build and development
- Electrical wiring, cable assembly
- Software testing
- Document and report writing
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters in Harston, near Cambridge.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must have:
- Be able to solder and identify common electronic components
- Be familiar with electrical schematics
- Able to demonstrate strong initiative and curiosity to learn new skills and be part of a small development team
- Have the confidence to communicate within the team
- Comfortable working with inks
The following would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Able to understand basic C# or C++ code
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings
- Experience in writing technical documentation
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus. To apply, please send a cover letter (required) and CV to: email@example.com