Graduate Software Engineer
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking a Graduate Software Engineer for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles, 3D printing, product decoration and more. With a long-established reputation in the development, supply and support of reliable, high-performance products, Meteor has secured a significant share of this global market and enjoys a loyal and growing customer base. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced, international environment made up of colleagues with can-do attitudes.
Reporting to Meteor’s Development Team Leader, the Graduate Software Engineer’s responsibilities will include software development to meet customer and in-house requirements, testing and validating software using in-house printing systems as well as participating in other group design activities.
Primarily, the role will include:
- Growing the capabilities of Meteor’s Drop Watcher system, including computer vision, data handling, UI interaction and motion control
- Being integral to the development of software to help turn new ideas into successful products
- Develop software for internal test systems and tools
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters near Cambridge. International travel to the USA, Europe, Mainland China and other destinations within the Asia-Pacific region may be required to establish requirements and assist customers in deploying products.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must have a proactive and confident attitude to problem solving and should be self-motivated, adaptable, and practical.
- A good degree (2:1 or 1st) in a science or engineering subject
- Experienced in C#
- A keen interest in developing skills as a software engineer
- Ability to work with complex systems combining digital electronics and software
- Desire to work in a small, multi-disciplinary team
- Have a strong initiative to help drive multiple projects forward
The candidate should ideally also have:
- Experience using Visual Studio
- Experience in user interface design
- Experience in C++, C or Python
- Experience with GIT or other version control systems
- Experience in computer vision concepts and computer vision libraries (eg, OpenCV, Stemmer CVB)
- Good problem-solving skills
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus. To apply, please send a cover letter (required) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org