FPGA Design Engineer
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is the world’s leading independent supplier of electronics, software, tools and services for industrial inkjet. The company’s products drive printers in a wide range of markets including graphics, packaging, textiles and product decoration. Meteor products depend on complex field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), to perform image processing and control functions required for high-performance industrial inkjet applications. The company seeks an enthusiastic and capable engineer with a good understanding of digital systems and a desire to develop skills in complex FPGA design.
The role will include:
- FPGA code development to meet customer and in-house requirements
- FPGA simulation and testing
- Participation in group design activities
- Taking responsibility for work assigned
- Review of the existing code base to propose and develop new solutions
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters in Harston, near Cambridge. While the role could involve occasional international travel to establish requirements or to assist customers in deploying Meteor software, travel is not a significant part of this job.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must have:
- At least 2 years’ experience developing FPGA code in VHDL or Verilog
- Demonstrable experience of implementing, testing, and releasing an FPGA design
- The Ability to work both individually and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Good time and task management skills
The candidate should ideally also have:
- Experience working with Quartus or Vivado toolchains
- Experience with scripting using Python/Tcl or software development in C/C++
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments
- A good knowledge of electronics design principles
- Awareness/knowledge of the digital printing industry
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes a generous pension scheme, private health insurance and annual profit-sharing bonus. To apply, please send a cover letter (required) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org