Customer Support Engineer (Pre/Post Sales)
Meteor Inkjet Ltd is seeking a Customer Support Engineer for its world-wide industrial inkjet electronics and software business.
Meteor develops and sells the electronics and software used to drive industrial inkjet printheads from companies including FUJIFILM Dimatix, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh, Seiko Instruments, Toshiba TEC and Xaar. Meteor’s customers are manufacturers of digital printers serving a wide range of markets such as textile printing, ceramic tile printing, labelling, 3D printing, digital product decoration and more. With a long-established reputation in the development, supply and support of reliable, high-performance products, Meteor has secured a significant share of this global market and enjoys a loyal and growing customer base.
Reporting to Meteor’s Director of Sales, the Customer Support Engineer delivers technical support and on-site training to customers. The role also requires significant involvement in bringing new products from development to production including product testing and the preparation of customer-facing technical documentation such as user manuals, white papers, diagrams, change notifications and support newsletter content. Investigating and responding to technical questions will often require work in a laboratory environment. Excellent communication skills are required when dealing with colleagues and customers via telephone, TeamViewer™, email and face-to-face.
The job is based at Meteor’s headquarters near Cambridge. International travel to the USA, Europe, Mainland China and other destinations within the Asia-Pacific region may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must have a proactive and confident attitude to problem solving and should be self-motivated, adaptable and practical. The ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues is critical.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- English Language (at excellent or native speaking level)
- 2 years’ working experience in a technical customer support role
- Experience of software and hardware configuration and debugging
- Experience of safe working practice around 3rd party electrical systems
- Experience of using electronic test instruments, such as oscilloscopes
- Ability to provide accurate and prompt technical reports using Microsoft Office
- Ability to obtain a multi-entry visa to PRC and other relevant countries
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, machine building and CAD
The candidate should ideally also have some of the following:
- HND level or above in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or two years hands-on experience debugging/testing electronic boards
- Electrical machine wiring
- Inkjet electronics integration into third party systems
- Knowledge of the characteristics and requirements of the current generation of industrial inkjet print heads
- Safe handling of materials (such as inks and solvents)
- European language or Japanese language useful but not essential
In addition to providing the opportunity to tangibly contribute to a dynamic and growing small company, Meteor offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive package of benefits which includes private health insurance, an annual profit sharing bonus scheme and a government-approved share incentive plan. For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com.